Thursday, March 20, 2008

To authenticity.


I received an early birthday present in the mail this week from my sister Denise.

I ripped open the brown kraft packaging, to see a New Balance box... we both run, so I assumed a funky running shirt of some kind would be my gift. As I opened the box, I gasped...

not a running shirt at all, but a vintage mohair and wool-blend cape in earth tones of sage green and burnt oranges.

It is so me, I thought, (actually screamed). The vintage label design, the quality, the exclusiveness, all screamed Janet Helm.

(My 4 year old son wanted to play Little Red Riding Hood, I quickly diverted him to one of his own toys ....whew close call.)

Receiving the cape was a wonderful confirmation for me of why being authentic, being me at all times is the only way for me to live, run my business, be a leader, friend, wife and/or mother. It is flow, it works and it is effortless.

I am reminded of the best gifts we design and produce for our clients are the ones that have the most soul- are genuinely about the recipients, proudly and sincerely reflect the occasion, and message of our clients.

To authenticity.
Janet

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very cool. I love to read you. Keep the stories coming and have fun with it. Welcome to the world of bloggers ;-)