Thursday, February 18, 2010

Proudly Canadian

Photo credit: miss604 on Flickr

After attending the FWE luncheon (read about inspiring event here), I took some time to enjoy the sites and sounds of the Olympic buzz, as I was smack dab in the middle of it all! I walked with the crowds to the flames of Olympic Cauldron a few short blocks away. Yes, the fence was up, but still impressive indeed.

I describe the vibe as "snow falling on a cool, crisp Christmas morning and neighbors coming out to say hello, chat about the weather, their day with family and friends" - everyone is in such a grand mood. I beamed with Canadian pride, smiled and thanked a volunteer as we walked towards the cauldron together, gave a visiting mom whose child was having a meltdown a reassuring "been there done that" look, and was reminded how we are really alike and how this event is truly sensational for all.

I was reminded of how the power of smiles and happiness is contagious and an easy gift to give and receive. I then walked to Canada Pavilion, the meeting spot where my husband and our sons would be, to enjoy a few more sights together.

At the end of the day, a hot chocolate break at the Four Seasons Hotel and sharing laughs with visitors was a perfect end to a great day.

We plan to continue the appreciation celebration downtown later this week again.
Janet

No comments: