Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Day 4 - "I Gave at The Office"

Day 4

Do you experience appreciation every day at work? Do you arrive in the morning to an environment that shares appreciation? Do you show your appreciation to your colleagues?

Today, Day 4 of The Giving Project, I gave appreciation, by saying, "thank you." I called one of our suppliers, using the old fashion device called a telephone, wanting to have a more personal connection than sending an email. I was specific in my gratitude, thanking him for his excellent customer service- always just a phone call or email away, his fine craftsmanship and superior quality of work, as well as always updating us on his progress.

What do you do to show appreciation at work? Do you prefer to get a gift, cash, public or private praise? Tell me what was your best gift from a boss or a co-worker?

"The deepest principle in human nature is the craving to be appreciated."
- William James

Would you like to use our thank you cards? Send me an email and we will mail them or email them to you.



No comments: